Friday, May 13, 2011

The Italian in ME.

4 Generations of Carbones:  
LtoR  Deb Betz, Spencer Betz, Stewart Betz, Mel Carbone, Guiseppe Carbone
Photo taken Christmas 2001


On May 13, 2004 my father Mel Carbone lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.  It was a hard and tough fight, but nevertheless, Gods' will was done and he returned back to heaven.  It was sooner than everyone had expected, he was only 59 years old.  It was not his first bout with this deadly disease.  In fact, he was a medical miracle.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 1993, 11 years before he passed away.  He was blessed to have that many years with our family.  He was able to meet his two grandsons, Stewart was born in 1996, and Spencer in 1998.  Both boys adored their grandfather.

Now it is 7 years later.  I am in an ugly court battle with my fathers brother. He was my uncle, but now he is not a person who I consider a family member.  He is truly an evil man.  He was the executor of my fathers estate.  On April 13, 2011 he was suspended as executor for "his self-dealing and mismanagement of estate funds as its fiduciary".

On the anniversary of my fathers death, I have been named the executor and I have finally received papers.    I am not happy to have this position.  My fathers brother has expended about 90% of the estate proceeds and has allocated SO much money to himself, his daughter and his son as well as other family members.

I ask why?

There is no answer.

They feel I am not Italian enough, and I do not deserve the money.

LUCKILY, however the courts in New York disagree.  Justice will soon be served.

I know there is the Italian in ME, I look in the mirror and see it everyday.  I look and I see Mel Carbone. I also look at my son Stewart.  He is the spitting image of my father.  He received those handsome Carbone genes.

Many of my friends have suggested I write a book about the crazy events that have happened over the past 7 years.  It is SO out of the park, I could not make this stuff up.  One friend said she would pay to go see this at the movies.

Maybe that is my "revenge".

"The Italian in Me" by Deb Betz

Sounds like a great book !

Let the typing begin......................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!