Friday, March 18, 2011

A Cupcake, a diet Coke and U2.

My birthday was 2 days ago, there is always so much going on around this time of year.  Since my birthday is the day before St. Patrick's Day, I seem to become more and more Irish as I get older!  I love the green holiday with all of its craziness.  Steve bought me a cupcake for my birthday instead of a cake.  YUM!


This is a peanut butter, ganache filled cupcake from a place in downtown Plymouth called Cupcake Charlie's.  This little bakery was featured on the Food Network show, "CUPCAKE WARS", and made it to the finals.  They unfortunately lost, however I am glad they were on the show because I had never been there before & I did not know that they existed.  I was watching the show, and WOW, I saw they were from Plymouth MA !!  Too funny

Beside this yummy treat is my Yellow Submarine mug with my diet coke.  I am trying my best to reduce my consumption of this delicious drink, however hard it is to do.  I do not drink coffee.  This beverage is my drink of choice, and I know how bad it is, and I am trying to ween myself off of it !

It was an uneventful birthday for me, as most adult birthdays are I am guessing.  It was my 46th birthday.  Now I am in my "late 40's", but that is just fine with me.  I much rather be this age than to repeat my teen years or the 20's... they were not fun !

My birthday gift from my family is a week end away in May.  What pray tell could I be doing then in May?  Well if you know me, you will know my obsession.  U2 is kicking off their North American Tour on May 21st in Denver Colorado.  I am meeting friends in Denver.  I will be driving with a friend from Denver to Salt Lake City, where I will see them play on May 24th.  Am I excited?  Heck YAAAAA !!!

This is not my first U2 birthday trip.  In 2001 Steve asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said tickets to U2.  They started their Elevation Tour in 2001 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL in March of that year.  I flew down by myself.  It was great fun!  It was the first of many memorable shows that year.  My U2 fandom changed in 2001 and went to the next level of craziness!  I was so blessed to meet some amazing fans, who I can still call my friends, even after all of these years!

Thank you Steve for the Cupcake, running to 7-11 for the diet coke, and for being the kind of husband that does not get upset about my U2 obsession and need to travel to see them in concert.  YOU ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!