Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombing 4/15/2013

Boston. A city of Patriots. A city of hope. A city where the light of others shines bright. Thank you to the many first responders and citizens who jumped right in to help the injured. True Patriots. —

As I was home today watching the news unfold, I am thankful for the blessing in my life.  This morning Steve (hubby) missed his bus into work.  He did not realize the bus was running on a holiday schedule, so the turned around and returned home.  He called in and got the OK to work from home.

At 3pm reports came on the TV about a bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  Steve works less than a block from where the bomb went off that injured so many people and killed a few.  I am thankful our family is all home safe.  My thoughts and prayers are with the people involved who are injured and to those families who lost a loved one.

I am very thankful for the first responders and those ordinary citizens who did extraordinary efforts to aid and come to the rescue to those who were injured.  They are the true heroes today.


5 comments:

  1. I pray that God will strengthen and protect our country once again.
    We do have lots of blessings every day, don't we? Much to pray over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad day! Sending prayers. Yes we need to be thankful for everything even the things that inconvenience us because we just never know it may be the reason to keep us from harm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tragic events. Stopping in from A-Z. Love your lemon theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frightening to know you were that close to the bombings. So glad that your family is safe. Interesting topic for the challenge - school safety. Did you get many comments on the gun safety post? I'm having a personal conflict right now with leaving guns unattended in one's home. Shaking my head in disbelief.

    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been scary for you. I'm glad you and your family were a safe distance from the event!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!