There are so many resources on School Safety. The key is UTILIZING the resources and putting them into action by using the tools that are available to schools.
I have compiled a list of resources that should be available to school districts. I hope your districts are utilizing them!
- School Board (making polices on school safety)
- Safety Committee (See prior post)
- Partnership with Police Department and other State Law Enforcement
- Communication and partnership with news agencies
- Professional Development for Staff on Emergency Procedures
- Parental involvement
- Online information shared with school administrators to keep unto date on current events
- Data from Lock down drills
The tools are useless unless Utilized.
Did I leave something out?
What other resources are your school districts utilizing?