Xenos is a word used in the Greek language that one of the meanings is "enemy stranger".
10 ways to keep Xenos (Enemy Strangers) out of our schools:
- Implement a School Safety Plan.
- Lock all entry ways into the school building.
- Identify EVERY person who enters the school. Staff should have badges also for entry.
- Approved visitors need to be identified by wearing a badge or sticker so staff and students know they are allowed in the school
- Security Cameras at entrances and exits
- Practicing of Lock down drills
- Publicity to the community about school safety
- Keen awareness of surroundings.
- Reporting to authorities of any threats or odd behavior of individuals
- Create a community of kindness and respect
We cannot anticipate every move of someone that wants to cause harm, but we sure can ready ourselves so if the unfortunate event happens we can have minimal loss.